Thursday, January 20, 2011

Our first year!

Well I couldn't believe today! It was what brighten our day. Everything was going wrong (basically everything was breaking in the house just before Trevor [alaskan brother...remember?] would come and stay with us for a few days) but then I remembered!!!
I found some of the photos of our first year in Kampala...the most important ones! I had totally forgotten... from December 2006 to September 2007... we made a short video for the friends back home with the photos of the most important moments during those 9 months.
And I've found THEM...
Gary and Angela Rappenecker (hope is spelled right)... I will tell you all about them another time, but in the meantime what you need to know about them is that THEY WERE AND STILL ARE AMAZING!!!! And we'll never forget them... We had some wonderful time together and those precious moments will always be in our hearts.
When I was extracting the photos from the video and saw them, I was in the house alone and found myself crying like a baby... a bit silly really, but I can't explain how much I miss them. So be prepared to read about them soon...
Well, as for now you can check out our first year of experiences and all the missionaries we know in our Picasa Album under Kampala 2007 (click on the slideshow on the right handside). As soon as I can, I'll upload the video we had made for the friends back home (although some frames are in Italian but are not important). After 4 years, when I watched it, it still brought tears to my eyes as it brings back a lot of memories... good and bad memories... but these memories will stay with us for the rest of our life. And for this, we need to thank Jehovah that gave us the "inspiration" to come to Uganda 4 years ago.
Thank you Jehovah for making us understand, many and many times, that you wanted us here in Uganda serving you... Thank you for making us come back every time... And thank you for giving us the strength we needed to endure all those trials that, without your help, would have sent us back home!

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work. Thanks for posting a picture with Gary and Ang. I'm sure they miss you also. Congrats also on your new Bible Teach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cole's... I see you're in Micronesia. How are things there? And how do you know Rappeneckers? Small world eh? Thank you for following...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are very good. We also recently received the Bible Teach book in our language (Ponapean). We are good friends of both his sister and her husband and her sister and her husband. We were all in Brooklyn together for awhile and briefly during that time got to know Gary and Ang. Then later my parents were assigned to the circuit in Iowa where they are all from and my folks became friends with all of them. It is a small world. We enjoy your writing. Give our love to the folks there. We also know, though not well, Ben and Carey Moore from their days in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rappenecker's brightened our Hall and inspired us to do better in the TMS and Service! Thank you for sharing these...all you Bezalel's and Oholiab's and families have our deep appreciation.

    ReplyDelete