Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New year, new adventures!

So here we are...back home...back in our routine that we love so much! 
Of course we liked beingWe were in the field today, in the beautiful SUNNY Fort Portal. Unfortunately the usual peace you find here was broken by people with whistles and trumpets who kept on "playing" them to promote the voting of the current President.
The field was great...first call was great! I finished all the literature within 1 hour. I have 2 returns already (I know...everyone here is a potential study here but you can work them out if they're really interested in the Bible or in your skin colour). 
In the meantime we bought a new bike, a bit better than the last one as is a much more stable bike and the tires are especially for muddy roads...so we should be fine with that for a long time. We really don't see the need to buy a car as the only times we need the car is when we go to assemblies and conventions which means that either we get a ride with the brothers having a car, or we rent a car for few days.

And using a bike in this lovely weather is so...COOL!!! You feel constantly in holiday (I said we FEEL in holiday, not we ARE in holiday!!!) We brought decent helmets and waterproof jackets from UK so we are even safer and "dryer" now.
So here we are again... and it's lovely!


We're having the pioneer meeting on Wednesday as the elders decided to wait for us to come back, which was really nice of them! 
Then every Thursdays we're working on the KH to finish the ceiling meaning that now, during the raining season, we will be able to hear the speaker EVEN WHEN IT'S RAINING!!! That will be nice...Looking forward to that being finished.
One of the pioneers sisters whom I left my favourite study with, informed me that this study has been regular to the meetings and she prepares and give really good answers, so that lifted me up today. And all my studies were really happy to see me, so I have to say that today was a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L day.
So I'm looking forward to tomorrow and start with my studies again. But this year I'm going to make sure I'll be doing first call every day before any return.


So... ta ta for now! 

2 comments:

  1. Your joy and enthusiasm for your assignment just jumps off the page (screen?). Very cool! Thanks for sharing those experiences... exciting to hear! Looks like a beautiful day in the photo... and sounds like a beautiful day in the field. :-)

    p.s. snazzy bike!

    ReplyDelete