Thursday, December 2, 2010

Brr..... it's freezing!

Wow.... we just came back from a couple of hours of walking around shops and I must say IT'S FREEEEZING!!!! I mean, we knew it was going to be like this but we're not used to it anymore. When we got on the plane it was 30C in Kampala and when we got off the plane in London it was -4C.... just imagine the shock. We didn't even have proper coats...
Where we are, in Devon, the temperature is the best in UK, but it's still 1C - 2C top. Fortunately we had left proper coats here and jumpers and and boots but as soon as we arrived we bought hats, gloves and scarf's.
So we're looking around for things to bring back home like shoes, t-shirts, etc. but it's difficult to find summer clothes in December!!! So Chris found already a really nice pair of branded shoes with a 70% discount. I still haven't found shoes for me but my number is not easy to find as I have a teeny tiny foot. But today I'm so proud because I manage to find 2 pair of original Crocs (2 different colours, MY SIZE!!!!!) at 2£ each instead of 25 each, saving a total of 48£... Isn't that amazing?
We've been to the local congregation and they've been very welcoming and they actually remembered us from last year (they organized a party for us before we left to go to Uganda last year although they knew us only for a month...so they're really nice). But we're not used to go to the meeting at night anymore as our meetings are on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning...

I know... we get excited for small things. But this is what happens when you live in Africa for so long... It's like when we get excited after a day without electricity and it comes back just before dark and we all shout in applause. Anyway, my parents are coming tomorrow to stay for 10 days. I hope it won't snow so we can have a nice time on the seaside. If it does, I'll post some pictures.

TTFN

Post soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment